Saturday, January 21, 2012

A maelstrom of activity from nothing

Well - maybe not a maelstrom.  But - big words sound cool.

I was able to do more work this weekend.  The engine is off the frame, and the chain is soaking in degreaser.


After watching You Tube videos on chain cleaning - I probably should have cleaned it while it was on the bike.  Oh well.  I have a gunk brush, a bottle of degreaser/cleaner and a bottle of chain lube headed this way (thanks Amazon.com).

The engine was crazy heavy to get out, but only 3 bolts.  Luckily, most of them have been soaking in oil for who knows how long, so they broke loose pretty easy.  With the engine on the bench, I removed the flywheel nut, and ordered the flywheel pulling tool.  I'm going to have to get behind there and re-wire the dynamo anyway, so might as well pull it.  Besides, probably need to for the engine case re-seal.

A bunch of parts showed up.  New throttle cable (yay), new clutch and brake cables (yay), new taillight switch (yay), new speedo cable (dang - cable is for a different size speedo than the one I have, so it won't fit - all the way from Spain too).

Sean at Roc City Racers called me - seat is done and enroute.  So - hopefully the next pics I send will be of the seat mocked up and the fiberglass rear fender mocked up too.  We'll see......



The teardown will continue, but the bike is looking pretty bare.  Soon, I'll be painting the frame, and re-assembly can begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment