Saturday, January 14, 2012

I touched it - no really.....

Wow - no progress in awhile.  Maybe that's why I'm such a bad blogger.

Anyway - got some spare time to work on the Bultaco today, thanks to a visit from Mimi and Pa (thanks Mimi and Pa).  While they were out with the wife and kiddos - I was able to do nothing but work on the bike.

Stripped all the tin off of the frame.  Now it looks really naked:



While I had everything out, I also used my impact wrench on the bolts that hold the swingarm.  They didn't stand a chance.

The other big motorcycle thing today was using POR15's Motorcycle Fuel Tank restorer/coating kit today. That went pretty well.  One bottle of marine clean, one bottle of stuff to prep for paint and stick a hair drier in the neck of the tank for about 2 hours - and then one bottle of coating.  Once I drained the extra coating out, it turns out I only used about 2/3 of the rustproofing paint - but oh well.  So - that's drying and I hope it works good.  The plus side if it works - the kit was about $50, and it only took me about 5 hours to do everything.  Which is way cheaper than I was quoted by professionals for them to coat it.

A bunch of stuff headed this way - shocks, wheels and a speedo cable from Spain.  Throttle, clutch and brake cables from the Bultaco Center of Excellence in New York.  I sent an e-mail about my seat on Thursday, and haven't heard back yet.  I hope I'm not going to be disappointed.

Once I get the new seat - everything goes out for paint!!!!!


And then I can try my new soda blaster on the stuff that's left......


No comments:

Post a Comment