Saturday, June 1, 2019

It's not Goodbye

I actually tried to sell it.  3 listings on E-bay.  A few scam artists and no-one wanted to give me what I felt the bike was worth.

So, I still have it, and I ride it around the neighborhood.  I've learned a lot about the little Bultaco after riding it around a bunch:


  1. The mirror I had stuffed in the bar end of the throttle was causing the throttle to bind just enough.  Once removed, all the revving issues I was having riding around went away, and the throttle is just a joy
  2. Plug gap is very important.  I have fouled 2 plugs so far, and I think it's because the gap is off so much.  When I replaced the plug this time, I checked the spec, and set the gap at 0.5 mm.   The previous gap was off by at least twice that much.  Correct gap has to help my fouling issues.
  3. I need to fix the horn still.  I've just been lazy
Who knows - maybe I'll ride it to work this week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment