Saturday, April 14, 2012

Progress has slowed but I haven't stopped

I haven't posted for awhile, mostly because nothing has happened.  What has been holding me up is a small weld repair on the fork stop on the frame.  I was able to get the frame to my friend Mando on Thursday, so hopefully that will get done soon.

When I get the frame back, then I can take it and get it powder coated.   Of course, that means I'll have to get the bushings pulled out of the swing arm  - since I should have both the frame and swing arm done at the same time.

On Friday, I also dropped the wheels at Ace Motorworks to get them trued.  The owner, Reagan, seems like a pretty good guy.

The only other thing I was able to do was put the brake shoes on the hubs.  Not too tricky, but there is a sequence it turns out.  Springs go on the shoes, then the eccentric goes between the shoes, then it all goes on the hub.

Hopefully I'll start getting all of the parts back, and I can get this thing moving.




No comments:

Post a Comment